End-Year Anxiety

Bismillah. 

New year means that it won't be that long until my birthday and birthdays always meant that you're aging up.

Everytime I aged up, it always felt like God dumping another sack of responsibility on my shoulders, except with each year, it gets heavier. 

To add on, I'll be graduating next year...which is a very surreal fact to grasp. Studying has been a huge part of my life for the past 15 years and I think it's scary to think that I'll be leaving that part of my life soon. 

Which is probably why, new year scares me. 

But staying in the same year, over and over again, wont do any good hence why I'm half relieved with the year coming to end. 

I don't think it would do any good to wish for a better year, but I still find myself doing it every new year's eve. Maybe because at least, it helps with my new year's anxiety. 

That's nice, I guess.

May the future be kind to us, to our loved ones and to everyone who deserves it.

Happy New Year 2022.

Comments

Popular Posts