Poetry: Fallen Grapes (ft short life update)

 Bismillah.

Hey, everyone.

It's been so long since I posted anything to this blog. Flashing back the past months, it has been an okay journey. It's not as bad as the past 2020, prolly because we are used to the chaos that are occurring today, in this time.

Through out these months, I could say that I've been writing consistently? Thanks to a club I joined at university. I'm planning on including the links to those writings in the Passion page, so do look forward for that. 

I also have a lot of past writings to unleash. I was looking through my draft and found out that those poems are not that bad at all...? So I'll prolly upload those too. Behold, some of the writings were written back in 2018, back when I decided to start writing again, so some of them might be a little more amateurish to what my writings has become these days (still amateurish, but improving).

Aside from that, I'm planning on uploading some of my poems and short stories that I wrote for my past literature classes at uni. Surprisingly as I stepped into the senior years (p/s: i'm a fourth year now!), some of the literature courses require students to write fictions a lot so I'll use those to my advantage.

To start, here's one of the poems that I wrote early in my first year, for an assignment.


Fallen Grapes - Izzati Rafiee

The sun sets out greeting the world,
Shining the vineyard sunkissed they be,
Morning dew on the leaves with hanging rippen grapes,
Isolated in the bushes, none is harvested.

The sun sets down hiding its smile,
Gloomy it becomes, the greenish vineyard,
Brown spots on the leaves, and the grapes' still hanging,
Dying and drying, falling off the vine.

Over the horizon, the sun peeked out,
Flourishing vineyard with the smell of wine,
Hanging no more, neither leaves nor the grapes,
Crushed and scattered, eaten by solitary ants.

i.r
12112018
9.40 a.m.

Poet's note:

This one's written for my Drama & Poetry class. Our instructor gave us a prompt, in which if it's not obvious from the poem, the prompt is "grape". I think there's also a theme which might be "death" of some sort...but I'm prolly just tripping or somewhat. It was written in 30 minutes, I think? It was during class time and I remember writing this in our campus library.


That's all for now, I guess? I'll be active from now on, so do look forward for the updates later.

Bye!

Comments

Popular Posts